GUIDING PEDAGOGICAL PRINCIPLES
1. Students understand and internalise our values, knowledge, and skills that instill respect for human rights, social justice, diversity, and equality.
Our education empowers learners to be responsible citizens of the world by supporting their rights and obligations to promote a better world and future for all.
Our education is based on European traditions of Enlightenment and Humanism: Reflective and critical thinking is essential to help students develop their independent and autonomous personalities.
Therefore, inclusion is a crucial element of our pedagogical programme. It is seen as a general principle of thinking and acting that demonstrates universal acceptance and promotes a sense of belonging for all learners.
2. In curricula and social contexts, we offer quality education on sustainable development. Knowledge, skills, values, and behaviours drive to raise awareness of the need to end poverty, protect the planet and ensure prosperity for all as part of the 2030 Agenda of Global Goals for Sustainable Development.
3. Highly qualified German and international educators provide a multifaceted student-centered academic programme in a caring and supportive learning environment. GESM is a place of belonging, where everyone is accepted and supported by peers and other members of the school community. Parallel to our education, our community advocates healthy lifestyles by promoting physical, social, and mental well-being.
4. Our school community of parents, students, teachers, and staff lives the values of the Eurocampus through intercultural understanding and cooperation. Established as a direct consequence of post-war French-German reconciliation laid down in the Élysée Treaty, Eurocampus is a living symbol for lasting peace and mutual understanding between all nations.
Eurocampus also stands for cultures, traditions, values, and languages we want our students to learn, especially those of Germany and Europe, and the Philippines, our host country.
5. We are a school in the German and European tradition, with particular emphasis on language acquisition as an essential tool for global citizens. English, German, French, and Filipino are the main languages on our campus and in our school community, reflecting our multicultural mix.
6. The German language has a central position in both the International and German Sections, either as a foreign or first language, respectively. Learning German enables all our students to access a university in Germany, in German-speaking countries or other countries across the world.
In addition to that, GESM is a German School Abroad that offers education in the German Section according to German standards and curricula.
7. As life-long learners, teachers are open-minded professional role models who value knowledge and understanding related to education. All teachers welcome continuous professional development in both formal and informal settings. GESM strives to recruit, develop, and retain highly qualified and motivated staff.
8. OUR VALUES - Integrity signifies being an authentic person, consistent in one’s behavior and views, reflective, living up to one’s values.
Respect is treating others and oneself with dignity, being aware of differences.
Compassion implies empathy for others and the attitude to understand, help, and support.
Independence refers to being capable of judging, deciding, and acting on inner convictions, values, reason, and facts.
Responsibility defines as taking ownership of one’s thoughts, words, actions, and views, being accountable, dependable, and trustworthy.