At the GESM, your child’s safety is our top priority.
While we let our children experience and enjoy a wide range of activities in school, we are aware that even the most stringent measures cannot prevent accidents from happening.
We have two (2) certified full-time nurses (RNs) with hospital experience on call to perform first aid procedures should these incidents arise. For extreme cases, the school has an existing partnership with Lifeline.
The clinic is also available to help students in case they suddenly feel sick while in school.
With this in mind, rest assured that your child’s health and safety is of utmost importance to all of us.
Apart from automated external defibrillators devices, aur clinic disposes ot First Aid kits, Oxygen, and nebulizers. Wheelchairs, and stretchers are available to provide optimal care in case of emergencies.
School clinic aims to develop students’ mental, emotional as well as physical well being by providing the following services:
• Review health history and medical records of the students.
• Records students’ visit to School Clinic
• Maintain appropriate supplies in dealing with minor illnesses, injury and emergency care.
• Promotion of healthy life styles.
• Health care counseling or guidance to students, their families, and staff by providing information as needed.
• Identify health concerns by observation and assessment of needs, and provide appropriate care.
• Administration of medication when needed and consented by the parents.
• Respond to emergency cases and available during sports and other events as requested.
• Conducts lectures to students on requested topics and provides training/ seminar to staffs on Basic Life Support and First Aid treatment.
• Promoting and assisting in the control of communicable diseases through early detection of symptoms, surveillance, reporting and follow up contagious diseases.
In case of emergency or illness, the clinic staff renders immediate first aid and provides parents with a provisional diagnosis but without the availability of diagnostic facilities, it is not possible to make a definitive diagnosis. It is still recommended to go to the nearest hospital afterewards for further evaluation and treatment.